Monday, March 3, 2008

Vacation - Oscar Party

Oscar Party - food, fun and a game.

Traditionally, we try to see all the mainstream movies before watching the Academy Awards. However, this year we only caught about 50% of the movies.

The Oscar Game
Print out the list of Awards
Each person picks a winner in each category.
A point for each correct pick
The person at the end of the show with the most points wins a prize.

The food
Chicken Strips Рsaut̩ed strips of chicken breast. Two sauces were made. A buffalo sauce (recipe on the bottle) and bbq sauce (KC Masterpiece).
Lil’Smokies in bbq sauce
Bruschetta
Relish tray – carrots and celery
Mushroom turnovers
Crabcakes
Chocolate Torte Cake

Drinks
Sparkling Cranberry Cider

Good food + Fun Competition = Great fun

The irony is K won the Oscar contest and she didn't even see most of the movies.

My Academy Award speech:
"I like to congratulate K for winning this years contest. Thank you S for hosting and setting up the feast. I'd like to thank Trader Joe's for providing the dessert, drinks and some of the snacks. Sorry I didn't take pictures, I was too busy filling my plate. I feel like I'm missing someone. I guess the musics means I have to wrap it up? I love you all! See you next year! Wooo Hooo!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great speech! Too bad I didn't catch the last few words because of that darn music! In any case... Bravo! Bravo!

Eat4Fun said...

Thank you! Thank you! I hear music all the time.