After a busy day, sometimes you want some good ol' comfort food. Nothing fancy and made as simple as possible. Today was just that day. The dish is Tuna Noodle Casserole.
There are many recipes and variations. This one is kept as simple and basic as possible.
Also, with this type of cooking there is a lot of ad-libbing and using what you like or what you have.
Basic Tuna Noodle Casserole
Preheat oven 350F
10 oz (dry) Noodles, cook the noodles per the package instructions
1 can of Tuna
1/2 Onion, chopped
3/4 C Peas
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1. Saute the onions with butter until soft.
2. Add the frozen peas and saute to defrost.
You can add any veggies you like.
3. Add the soup and tuna.
Mix to break up the tuna and combine ingredients.
Note: You can add milk or water if you like a saucier tuna noodle casserole.
4. Combine the cooked noodles and the sauce mixture in a buttered baking dish.
Note: I used 10 oz of noodles. The nutritional info stated 1 serving was 2 oz. Generally, I make one serving more. For 4 servings, I would use 5 servings (10 oz).
5. Top with Cheese. If I had more cheese, I would have mixed the cheese into the casserole.
6. Bake 350F for about 20 minutes.
The finished casserole.
Simple and hits that comfort zone. :-)