Now that a majority of the CNY festivities have concluded for this year. I was craving a good burger so I wanted to go back and try making the blue cheese burger again.
My previous try (burgers for the Superbowl) I used two patties to sandwich the blue cheese. However, the good stuff leaked from the patties. This time... S suggested using one patty to envelope the blue cheese.
1. 6 ounces of 15% Fat ground beef. I used a plate to flatten to about 6 inches in diameter. Seasoned both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Placed 1 T (Tablespoon) of blue cheese in the center and brought up the sides to seal the top.
3. Tightly wrap with plastic to ensure a tight seal...Shape the patty to about a 4" diameter patty, 1" thick.
4. Grilled about 10 minutes on the GFG (George Foreman Grill).
Success! No leakage. Patty cut in half for a closer look. :)
Nice and gooey on the inside.
5. Grilled some onions on the GFG.
Topped with a little extra blue cheese... dressed with mayo, mustard, grilled onions, tomato slices and shredded lettuce. :)
A quick shot of the cut burger... too hungry to compose the shot.
Ah... very nice and creamy center. Burger a little dense from my mashing technique to make the burger. I'll have to use a lighter hand the next time.