Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jun 11: Rib Tips

Last night, I cut the rib ends trimmed from the spare rib slab into bite size morsels.
The rib tips were mainly meat with a little cartilage from the sternum.

The marinade was the leftover vinegary bbq sauce, about 1 cup, plus 1/2 cup a commercial bbq sauce.

Marinade the night before...


This morning
I poured everything into the Crock Pot, set to low and went to work.

10 hours later... I got home.

Blanched some Nappa Cabbage.
Sliced a Fuji Apple and made a light slaw.
1T Mayo, A dash of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of dill.

Served with a buttered pieced of multi-grain toast.


I didn't expect to be at work so long... so after 10 hours in the crock pot the rib meat was a little dry and the texture gritty. Bummer.

I didn't think to add garlic to the crock or any other herbs and spices. I'll have to work on this dish some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Invite me to your parties! Please :)

Eat4Fun said...

Ma Harper,

You know the party doesn't start until you're here so you have a standing invite to all of my parties. :-)