Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oct 15: Money Ramen ?

Found an interesting flavor of ramen at the market... Chah Chiang flavor.

What is Chah Chiang?
I don't know, but it sounds like money! Chah Chiang!



Instructions: (As written on the package)
1. Add noodles to 2 cups of boiling water, cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally Don't over-cook(for shorter noodles, break noodles before cooking).

2. Put 4/5 soup from the pan to the bowl (A) add the soup-seasoning to the bowl (A) to be served as soup.

3. Put the chah-chiang sauce to the pan, and stir chah-chiang sauce evenly in the noodles. Put the noodles to the dish (B).

4. Ready to enjoy the delicious Chah-Chiang noodles(B) and tasty soup (A).

Dish of Noodles (B) and bowl of soup (A).


The soup tasted like "Oriental flavor" ramen and the chah-ching sauce was salty with soybean bits.

I ended up mixing plate(B) into bowl (A) to create the final dish, plus a little dallop of chili paste for extra bite.

Standard bowl of ramen. Nothing special. Salty and full of msg.


Ingredients: (As written on the package)
Oil Pack: Refined oil (contains one or more of followings: palm oil, sesame oil, soybean oil). refined salted-soy bean paste, chili paste, onion.

Soup Base Flavor Pack: Salt, monosodium glutamate, glucose, sugar, spices, disodium inosinate & disodium guanylate, artificial flavor, dehydrated chives.

A lot of mysterious ingredient, but I don't see any money... nor did I taste anything special.
Just an average bowl of ramen.

That's it for today's post.
Time to checkout.
Chah-Chiang!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does money taste like, I'm not a fan of noodles in a pack. Yuk!

Eat4Fun said...

I'm a salt-aholic, but yeah package ramen just can be a bit much. I guess the colorful packaging just hooks me in... lol!

phubans said...

I just made this and decided to mix it together after reading your post and I'm not sure if I like this flavor... I can't find anything else about the name "chah chiang" so I'm guessing it's a misprint on the package.