Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sep 04: Roasted Potatoes with Smoked Salmon

There's a recipe clipped from a magazine (don't know/remember which magazine) that's been on my fridge for the summer.

Basically it's grilled red potatoes, sour cream, smoked salmon and topped with dill.
I have the ingredients (two 5 lb bag of red potatoes) but didn't get a chance to make the recipe until now.

I modified the recipe so I don't have to start the grill.

Roasted Potatoes with Sour Cream, Smoked Salmon and Dill
Preheat oven 400F

The Fixins'
1 lb Red Potatoes (baby potatoes... just a little larger than a golf ball)
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
Dash Thyme, dried
Dash Tarragon, dried
1/4 tsp Salt
Dash Pepper
1 tsp Olive Oil
Sour Cream
Smoked Salmon, I used Nova Scotia style smoked salmon

Cut potatoes in half
Coat with olive oil
Add garlic powder, thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper. How much? Whatever looks good.

Mix the potatoes and ingredients


Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400F for about 45 minutes.


When done... a dab of sour cream, top with a little smoked salmon and finish with dill. I, also, used chives.


The potatoes turned out nicely and flavorful as is.
The taste was akin to a baked potato. :-)
Not bad, except I'm not a big fan of plain sour cream. I should have just waved the potatoes over the sour cream container... lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John as always a very clear presentation of the recipe. I came from Finland so am a HUGE fan of potatoes and fish of any kind. Yum YUM YYUUMM YYYUUUMMM. Love your blog. You are very educational and always give a lot of good information. Yours Audax

Eat4Fun said...

Audax,

Thanks for the kind comment!

I'm a engineering geek so I tend to give information, illustrations, stipulations and whatever I can think of to try to clearly express my point of view.