Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sep 24: Chicken Noodle Soup

After my little splurge of fried chicken, I was craving a healthier meal
Since I have freshly made chicken stock, chicken soup seemed like the logical choice.

Chicken Noodle Soup
1/2 C Celery, coarse chopped
1 C Potatoes - I used Red.
1/2 Onion, chopped
1/2 C Carrot, chopped
1 pinch of Oregano (I didn't have marjoram)
1 pinch of Thyme
Salt and Pepper
Noodles - I only had macaroni (1/2 Cup Dry)
1 T Butter
1/2 C Chicken, Raw coarsely chopped.
6 C Stock



Saute the veggies in butter. Add salt and pepper.
The objective is not to brown but to soften the veggies a little and start extracting the flavors.


After 5 minutes, add the broth and simmer another 5 minutes.


Add the noodles and chicken... I only had macaroni and didn't want to wash another pan so I just added the macaroni dry.


Give the soup a stir to disperse the chicken and macaroni.
Simmer about 15 minutes.


Served: A bowl of chicken noodle soup. Add salt and pepper as needed.


A nice spoonful.


The soup turned out nicely. Good chicken flavor without the salty, msg'ness from canned soup.

No comments: