Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20, 2010: Stacked Enchilada Again!

I decided to redo this month's Daring Cook challenge, Stacked Enchilada . I wasn't keen on the mushy results so I wanted to see if frying the tortillas more, until crispy would make a difference. Also, I had enchilada sauce leftover from last night.

Red Stacked Enchiladas.

Ingredients
12 Corn Tortillas
2 C Chorizo and Potato
2 C Enchilada Sauce
4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (my last bit)

Directions:
1. Fry the tortillas about 1 to 2 minutes per side until brownish and stiff.


2. Coat with enchilada sauce.


3. Add half the potato mixture... followed by another layer of tortillas, potato and a final layer of tortillas.


4. Bake 425 F for 20 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, add the shredded cheese to melt.


5. Let rest about 5 minutes before serving... nice, melted cheese! :-)


6. Served with avocado, lettuce and salsa.


Flavors were good. The center wasn't as mushy as last time, but still soft.
I think I'm just not a stacked enchilada type of person. My preference is for rolled enchiladas. :-)

No comments: