Monday, April 28, 2008

Apr 28: Noodles with Pork and Mushrooms

I was looking in the refrigerator and found some mushrooms I had purchased a week ago. I don't remember why I bought the mushrooms so I improvised. Also, I was craving fresh noodles.

The Fixins'

3 or 4 C of mushrooms, cut into quarters
1/2 onion, 1/2" dice
1/2 C carrots, sliced thin
1 C cabbage, shredded
9 oz fresh noodles
8 oz thinly sliced pork, marinaded with a little soy, garlic, green onions and a little corn starch


The mushrooms were washed and quartered. There was about 3 cups. I purposely left them chunky so they would add some texture.



The cabbage, carrots and onion.



The noodles were cooked in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drained and rinsed.

Before pan-frying, I gave the noodles a coating of soy sauce (about 1 tablespoon), some green onions (2 small, chopped), about 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil, a dash of garlic powder and 1/2 Tablespoon of oyster sauce. The noodles were mixed and tossed in a hot pan with oil.



I like pan-frying the noodles. The noodles crispy up slightly which adds a little extra flavor.



The noodles were set aside.

On medium-high heat, the pork was sauteed about 5 minutes before the mushrooms were added. Afterwards the rest of the veggies were added and cooked about 3 to 5 minutes.

Finally the noodles were added back to the mixture and incorporated.



The Final Dish

The stir fried noodles were plated and topped with a spoonful of chili paste.




The dish was flavorful and the noodles were dry and flavorful. Just the way I like it. If you like your noodles and stir fry a little saucy, you can add some chicken broth and a little corn starch to form a sauce.

No comments: